IDG is excited to be looking for a Social Media Coordinator for IDG’s Global Services business to be based anywhere on the East Coast; Needham, MA, NY, NY or remote in the eastern US.
IDG has set out the strategy and is on the path of, transforming our company to be at the intersection of media and marketing technology, delivering performance solutions for our B2B technology customers. IDG services offers a wide range of services including marketing strategy, content development, platform and digital media solutions, and social media marketing to technology clients. This position would work with a variety of departments to help support our fast-growing social media marketing services for leading technology global brands.
Ideal candidate has a passion for social media and tech marketing. The individual must be strategic, with prior social media experience. We are looking for someone who understands influencer marketing and knows how to build strong networks. The ideal candidate must have excellent writing skills and be a strong communicator.
Candidate is part of a global services team and will be an integral part of various new social product launches. The ideal candidate would be a “go getter” with an entrepreneurial spirit who can manage programs independently and effectively. This person will work closely with teams across IDG to support social campaigns. Proven experience using social media platforms, working with clients on social media campaigns, incredibly strong writing skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and the ability to use and edit creative templates is required.
The Social Media Coordinator reports to the Global Social Media Manager and is part of the IDG Global Services team.
• Assist the larger team on executing the social media strategy for IDG’s B2B brands working closely with relevant members of our services business
• Assist in the execution of social media campaigns for clients
• Manages the IDGTECHtalk Community
• Supports earned social media services work including Twitter Chats (paid and organic), crowd sourced articles, social shout outs, and influencer outreach
• Assists in earned social media reporting for client programs
• Manages the IDGTECHtalk Voices blog and influencer network submissions
• 1-3 years' experience with social media management for a brand.
• Degree or certification in marketing, business, social media, public relations or relevant experience
• Proficiency with editing photo templates for social media use
• Experience working with social influencers
• Excellent social listening skills with proven ability to pivot and optimize based on current social media tends
• Strong copywriting skills
• Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills with an outgoing and positive demeanor
• Detail-oriented approach to work with the ability to meet deadlines
• Incredibly curious and socially savvy. Maybe you’ve created a viral video or two on your own!
• Excellent time management skills with a positive attitude and collaborative nature
• Experience using Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to discuss and educate on social media trends preferred
• Experience working social media creative templated
• Experience working in a social media management and/or social media scheduling app is a plus
• Professional, outgoing, friendly, fearless
• Ability to travel once or twice a year if needed
Other: Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or religion will be considered on an individual basis.