Gannett Publishing Services, located in Nashville, TN at The Tennessean, is recruiting for a part-time, Warehouse/Delivery Coordinator for our Newspaper Distribution Center working 30+ hours per week. This individual provides general support for a Distribution center performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery including delivery of newspapers. Position requires flexibility to work varied days and hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
• Distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers.
• Unload and load trucks containing various print publications.
• Open the Distribution Center and prepare for the independent contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork.
• Utilize industry specific software to handle required reporting for center.
• General housekeeping of distribution center
• Complete required documentation and reports for center as needed.
• Assist with delivering newspapers,
• Respond to and resolve subscriber service issues
• Maintain and repair news racks throughout the designated distribution area.
High School diploma/ GED. Valid driver’s license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required. Strong organizational and communication skills required for a fast-paced environment. Good time management skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 500 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
What we Offer:
As a part of Gannett Publishing Services, we offer benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k) and paid vacation time. Pre-employment background screening is required.