OpenCorporates is the largest open database of companies and company data in the world, with over 200 million companies in 140 jurisdictions. Over 400 clients around the world rely on OpenCorporates data.
We are revolutionising access to company data, and with it genuinely changing the world for the better. Our data is more trusted, more transparent, fresher and depended upon by everyone from investigative journalists and anti-corruption investigators to law enforcement, major banks and FinTech unicorns. We are an innovative, fast growing, scale-up with aggressive goals and a public benefit mission at its core. We have a world-class set of trustees to ensure the long term sustainability of our business model.
The role and what you’ll do…
We are looking for a driven Content Marketing Manager with a focus on content creation to join our growing international team at an exciting time as we continue our scale-up journey. We are open to a permanent or temporary appointment. If you are applying for the role on a temporary basis, you must be able to commit to a period of 6 months.
Reporting to the VP Sales, your role will be to execute on our marketing plan, continually driving forward innovative ways to market our business, whilst building and protecting our brand.
The role is a sales enabler: working closely with and to support the commercial team you will creatively communicate the value of OpenCorporates’ data to the world through a multi-channel content marketing plan that will engage our user community, generate sales leads, support nurture campaigns and drive our business forward.
The main responsibilities for this role are
• Content marketing: you will create and manage the marketing content calendar, creating engaging content to entice potential and existing customers, including: blog posts, podcasts, webinars, landing pages, social media etc. Your role will be to engage our community, balancing our commercial and public benefit goals.
• Execution of general marketing strategy: execution of the marketing strategy for OpenCorporates and leading on execution across all channels, in order to: support our ambitious growth objectives, enable the sales team and further enhance the company’s in-market positioning.
• Lead nurture: building and optimising email lead nurture campaigns to educate potential customers about how OpenCorporates’ data can help solve their challenges and push prospects down the sales funnel until they are ready to be passed to the sales team.
• PPC & paid media: management of the strategy and execution of PPC (Google AdWords) and paid media (LinkedIn) activities – with the objective of generating new leads.
• Sales enablement: working with the sales team to create engaging materials that help drive sales conversations with prospects – such as presentation decks, case studies etc.
• Website: manage the website, including content and design updates as well as search engine optimisation (SEO).
• Performance monitoring: uncovering insights that lead to actions which optimise our efforts.
• Budget: management of the marketing budget in order to best support our objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Proven B2B digital marketing experience gained from a tech, SaaS or data environment
• Experience in one of the following fields would be desired: data, risk & compliance, technology (especially RegTech or FinTech), financial services
• Experience in leading content marketing efforts across a range of channels, including: blog posts, podcasts, webinars, sales collateral etc
• Familiarity with web design, CMS (WordPress) and website functionality
• Knowledge of SEO principles, especially in copywriting
• A passion for how our transparent company data helps our users solve critical challenges, and about finding creative ways to communicate this to potential future customers
• The ability to work alone with minimal direction – you must be a self starter!
• Strong stakeholder management skills, with experience of working closely with a sales team, clients and other stakeholders to successfully drive business outcomes and revenue
• Experience of successfully working with third parties to facilitate marketing tasks (eg content production, design, website development)