An Experience Design Director leads a team of talented Experience Designers and Technologists working closely with a cross functional team of creatives, strategists and producers to ideate and design new experiences that unlock the potential of Meta’s products and platforms for people, partners, and brands. The right candidate should thrive on bringing the best out of their people and embrace the opportunity to use our variety of creative canvases and technologies to engage communities of people with richly crafted experiences.
Most of all, we're looking for people who want to make things that matter to millions of people who come to our platforms every day.
Our team is looking for an exceptional Experience Designer who is a true pioneer, highly entrepreneurial, chalk full of ingenuity and deeply passionate about developing and producing truly world-class experiences that will inspire people, partners and brands. On CS Labs, you’ll be a key player in exploring the bleeding edges of creativity on some of the most exciting and ever-emerging surfaces.
Experience Design Director - Creative Shop Responsibilities
- Lead your team to hypothesize and ideate new innovative experiences within and across Facebook Inc’s creative surfaces (Instagram, Facebook, Messaging, Instant Games, AR/VR, and more) that unlock possibilities for people, partners and brands
- Coach others and use your skills in research, design, and wireframing to prototype new experiences that will drive value for people, partners and/or businesses
- Ability to collaborate at a high level across internal and external teams to prototype and deploy with partners - shipping projects with excellent craft, quality and partnership
- Lead vision and development of prototypes and materials needed to bring experiences to life, generate awareness across Creative Shop, partners and clients
- You are a fast learner who hits the ground running, balancing multiple projects at once
- You have a track record of delivering consistent performance and growth
- You have a drive for continuous development and often jump-start projects without clear direction, as well as an ability to multi-task and move fast
- You are an expert collaborator and thrive off of working with other creatives, partners and disciplines
- Culture-Keeper: You believe that a strong team is fueled by a positive culture of respect
- 10+ years of experience design and/or creative direction experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Portfolio projects that demonstrate your skills as a creative director and experience designer
- Mastery of Adobe Suite and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, etc.)
- Skill in presentation software (Keynote)
- Experience operating in cross-functional organizations
- Expertise in current state of experience design, technology and product possibilities
- Have mobile first experience and experience building in the mobile first space
- Motion Design (After Effects, etc.) and 3D (Cinema 4D, Blender, etc.) a bonus
- Passing knowledge of coding languages
- Knowledge of the Facebook and Instagram platforms and their portfolio of products